Friday 5 August 2011

End of the protein prep :)

Hopefully today I will have purified some S1 from myosin. It has been a busy week making very large quantaties of buffer (25L is my record) and as of this morning when I assayed the solution I calculated the total mass of the protein to be a massive, an incredible 1.36 g. Apparently this is good, but I can't help but feel its a little small as I started of with aroung 750ml of myosin. But anyway get to fast freeze it in liquid nitrogen later, very cold liquids and me may be a dangerous mix but hey better give it a go. I am honestly happy that my protein no longer looks like a white, sticky, mush which being a sick minded individual made me think of... never mind. It is dawning on me that I only have 3 weeks left, which is a little scary. Still I'm sure I will have 3 more fun filled weeks of stoppe-flow :D

No comments:

Post a Comment