Sunday 31 July 2011

All fine, all change

So my supervisor Mike got back on Friday from the US and said that all the flouroscein stuff I did was fine, YAY! However the ADP affinity went a bit crazy so may have to do that again at some point, bad times. But on a lighter note I was getting a bit tired of stopped-flow so I had a word and I get to do a large scale S1 protein purification this week, hurray. Its so large in fact that its going take all week, but should be fun, and I get to play with a really big chromatography column and make 15% gels and to runs etc. I'm really looking forward to doing it because its something different and it made me laugh that we are using large volumes for example we put 10l of water in the fridge on Friday and at one point we use a litre of Chymotrypsin we only get 3-4g of S1 out if we're lucky.

Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment